Back to School DIY: Personalised Notebook Covers
Author: Dana McGorlick-Appelman Date Posted:5 January 2022
Back to school season is upon us and that means it’s time to get your supplies in order!
We’re all about making learning fun and showing off your personality with funky accessories and stationery, and there’s no better way to express your creative side than with your own personalised notebook cover!
Kids will love creating their own designs, making it the perfect back to school activity.
The creative design options are endless!
Keep scrolling to discover how to create your own personalised notebook cover using only POSCA pens and washi tape!
You will need:
- Notebook: We used the Mont Marte Visual Art Diary Spiral Bound White Paper A4 110gsm 120 Sheet. This 120 white page Visual Diary features 110gsm paper, is spiral bound and backed by a heavyweight card to provide a sturdy surface. These diaries are fantastic for keeping track of creative ideas and are suitable for use with a wide range of dry sketching media, as well as creative note-taking and brainstorming.
- POSCA Pens: We used the Uni Ball Posca Pastel Paint Pens 2.5mm PC5M 8 Pack - Assorted Colours. This Uni-Ball Posca Paint Pens set features 8 pens with a Medium 2.5 mm Bullet Tip and are loaded with highly-pigmented lightfast ink. The colours included in the set are white, sunshine yellow, apricot, light pink, coral pink, lavender, light blue, and aqua green. The free-flowing lucid ink is a water-based formula that’s quick-drying and waterproof and can write with ease on virtually any surface. Its ink is permanent on porous surfaces and removable on smooth surfaces such as glass, metal or plastic.
POSCA Paint Marker Pen features:
- A unique valve mechanism that guarantees a perfect seal for the marker and conserves the paint over time
- Rich, pigmented ink
- A sealed cap that easily identifies the colour of the marker
- Water-soluble, so water can be added before the marker is dry to create a range of effects
- Mixable colours
- Can be used on wood, glass, fabric, leather, ceramic, paper, plastic, metals, rocks and more!
- Washi/ Decorative Tape: We used the X-Press It Deco Tape - Pearl Colours 5pc. These 5 pearl colours are perfect for craft work like scrapbooking, card making or school projects. Each colour roll contains 3m of acid-free tape, and has a beautiful shine.
How to create your personalised notebook in 5 easy steps:
Step 1. Grab a notebook, POSCA pens, deco/washi tape and scissors
Step 2. Write your name/subject or design of your choice and allow the Posca Pen to dry.
Step 3. Grab the deco/washi tape
Step 4. Create a design of your choice using the tape, using the scissors to cut the edges.
Step 5. Sit back and admire your new notebook!
Voila! You have your very own personalised notebook, perfect for school, home, bullet journaling, studying, brainstorming, drawing, and more!
Show us your personalised notebook by tagging us on Instagram @artshedonline
Got questions? Email us at email@example.com and our friendly team will do their best to assist you.