Pantone Colour of Year 2024: Peach Fuzz
Author: Tessa Date Posted:4 January 2024
Pantone has just announced the Colour of the Year for 2024 and it’s, drumroll please…. PEACH FUZZ
PANTONE 13-1023 Peach Fuzz captures our desire to nurture ourselves and others. It's a velvety gentle peach tone whose all-embracing spirit enriches mind, body, and soul.
“In seeking a hue that echoes our innate yearning for closeness and connection, we chose a color radiant with warmth and modern elegance. A shade that resonates with compassion, offers a tactile embrace, and effortlessly bridges the youthful with the timeless."
We've gone ahead and rounded up all the products we think match this new colour! Now, you may need to do a little magic colour mixing to get the shade of Peach Fuzz just right, but we think this list is a pretty good place to start. So come join us on this peachy journey through the Art Shed aisles!
Pantone is an iconic name in the fashion, product, graphic design and lifestyle-oriented industries, Pantone is a symbol of the design-minded.
In 1963, Pantone revolutionized the printing industry with the colorful PANTONE MATCHING SYSTEM®, an innovative tool allowing for the faithful selection, articulation and reproduction of consistent, accurate colour anywhere in the world. The tool organises colour standards through a proprietary numbering system and chip format, which have since become iconic to the Pantone brand.
The amazing thing about these markers is they are water based so depending on the paper you're using you can blend these colours even more to achieve the perfect peachy hue! Listed above are:
1. Talens Pantone Marker - 1635
2. Talens Pantone Marker - 1565
3. Talens Pantone Marker - 1485
Pantone paired with the legendary Royal Talens brand, you can't go wrong on quality with these markers!!
Next up we have some great acrylic paints from our pals at Mont Marte, offering quality and affordability to achieve some warm Peach Fuzz vibes in your artworks!
1. Mont Marte Signature Acrylic Paint 300ml Pot - Yellow Pink
2. Mont Marte Satin Acrylic Paint 75ml Tube - Yellow Pink
3. Mont Marte Acrylic Pouring Paint 240ml Bottle - Peach
4. Mont Marte Acrylic Pouring Paint 240ml Bottle - Coral
If you're looking for something in a peachy hue from brands like Amsterdam, Matisse or Atelier then you're in luck! These brands have some beautiful colours that with a little mix of white or yellow will get you on your way to colour matching perfection! Check these out:
5. Amsterdam Acrylic Paint 500ml Bottle - Venetian Rose
6. Amsterdam Acrylic Paint 120ml Tube - Naples Yellow Red
7. Matisse Flow Acrylic 75ml S2 - Australian Salmon Gum
8. Atelier Interactive Acrylic Paint 250ml S2 - Naples Yellow Reddish
Continuing on with these beautiful brands, why not try Atelier Interactive's lush and creamy formula to achieve that velvety finish that the Peach Fuzz colour emulates?
9. Atelier Interactive Acrylic Paint 80ml S1 - Toning Grey Pinkish
10. Matisse Fluid Acrylic 135ml S2 - Australian Salmon Gum
11. Atelier Interactive Acrylic Paint 80ml S2 - Naples Yellow Reddish
12. Matisse Structure Acrylic 500ml S2 - Magenta Light
We couldn't forget our gouache and oil loving customers now could we?
13. Winsor & Newton Artists' Oil Colour 37ml S2 - Flesh Tint
14. Art Spectrum Oil 150ml S1 - Dusty Pink
15. Winsor & Newton Designers' Gouache Colour 14ml S1 - Pale Rose Blush
And now for our creative all rounder cuties, we've got polymer clay, paint pens and pigments galore to suit any creative project you're working on! Whatever you need, there'll be some delicious hue of Peach Fuzz!
1. Mont Marte Make N Bake Polymer Clay 60g - Pale Pink
2. Mont Marte Signature Acrylic Paint Marker Set - Broad Tip 12pc - Skin Tones
3. Pearl Ex Pigment 21g - Pink Gold
4. Liquitex Paint Marker Wide 15mm Nib - Light Portrait Pink
Let us know if you'll be trying any of these yummy peachy hues in your artwork this year?! And always, we hope this has helped you find some nugget of inspiration!! Stay creative!