Varnishes are applied over dry paint films to protect the painting surface from the environment and protect the pigments from ultraviolet light. Varnishes are also used to change or unify a painting’s surface sheen. Liquitex varnishes come in several different sheens, which can all be intermixed for a customised sheen. Liquitex varnishes are either permanent or removable and can be applied to both flexible and rigid supports.
- Water-based Technology
- Translucent when wet, clear when dry
- Low Odor
- Permanent and Durable
- Resists discoloring (non-yellowing, non-fogging) due to humidity, heat and ultraviolet light.
- Can be used with Spray Paint, Heavy Body, Soft Body
- Dry to a non-tacky, hard, flexible surface that is resistant to dirt retention
- Hard, archival, non-yellowing and water resistant when dry
- Protects acrylic color from harsh elements
- For interior and exterior use