Liquitex Professional Acrylic Paint Markers
Liquitex Professional Paint Markers, an outstanding range of professional water-based acrylic markers for artists.
Formulated using artist-grade pigments, these outstanding markers are permanent and lightfast.
Liquitex Professional Paint Markers offer the widest selection of brilliant colours and a choice of sizes with precision nibs for ultimate control.
A Smorgasbord of Paint Pens
At the Art Shed, we stock arts and crafts equipment of all shapes and sizes, and for any level of artist. Whether you’re a budding beginner, a well-established artist or are simply looking for a set to get your children involved in the wonderful world of art; we have something for you.
Paint makers or paint pens are an up and coming medium of art being used by professionals and beginners alike, all over the world.
Liquitex Professional Acrylic Paint Pens
One of our favourite brand of paint markers is Liquitex; they have a huge range of professional acrylic markers that are perfect for any level. Light and permanent, they come in a massive selection of outstanding colours and sizes - they even offer precision nibs to ensure the best control possible.
Paint pens can be used both indoor and outdoor and on a large array of surfaces including primed canvas, wood, masonry, metal, and glass. All of our Liquitex markers are compatible with our other Liquitex products that include Heavy Body Acrylics, Soft Body Acrylics, Professional Spray Paints, Mediums and Varnishes.
Liquitex uses on the highest artist grade pigments to ensure our clients are blown away from the light fastness and permanence of the pens. The wide range includes options like opaque colours, transparent, fluorescents and irridescents that open up a world of creative options.
Why use Liquitex paint markers?
Using a proven ball and pump valve system, Liquitex has been able to optimise the painting mix and flow for flawless painting. There are two sizes available, 4mm and 15mm, and the nib shape allows you to achieve maximum flexibility, control and precision to get the results that you want after application.
These paint pens are of the highest quality and they make a lovely addition to the acrylic market.
Use of almost any surface
These paint pens can be used on a huge variety of surfaces, including:
- Paper: Paper of all kinds are great for paint pens and don’t allow bleed through. You can use the pens on anything from cardboard and tracing paper to photo paper.
- Acrylic paintings: You can use the pens on top of an acrylic painting. Varnish for best results.
- Concrete, stone and plaster: These are best used on these sealed surfaces and secured with a spray varnish.
- Ceramics: Use for permanent art on ceramics after they have been baked.
- Glass: Can be semi-permanent on glass for display and removed with cleaner. Bake the glass if you would like it to be permanent.
- Fabric: Use on fabric and iron on reverse to make it permanent.
- Plastic and latex: Paint pens are permanent on both of these materials.
- Metal: Awesome on some metal works and coated with a few sprays of varnish.
Tips for using Liquitex Paint Pens
Most people have never used acrylic paint pens before and as such, might be a bit nervous about giving them a go. Here are some of our tips on using paint pens for your art:
Our top tips on Liquitex Paint Markers:
- Use the square ends/nibs for the fine details you can’t achieve with a spray or paint brush
- Don’t stress about your pain clogging - the pump valve system ensures that there will be an even flow of paint
- Use your fingers to blend the paint while it’s still wet to change up the tones on your art piece
If you’d like to know more about our range of Liquitex Paint Markers, simply have a look through our online store or get in touch with us and we will happily help you out with finding the perfect pens for you