Abstract Painting and Abstraction Art Book
An insight into the making of abstract art with practical ideas and techniques that inspire better, more ambitious paintings.
Abstract painting and abstraction can be a daunting and difficult genre of art to start working in.
How do you prepare your surface? How can you use colour effectively? How can you make better, more expressive paintings?
This inspiring book answers these questions and many more!
Through a thorough analysis of his own work, Emyr Williams covers practical, theoretical and historical issues of abstract art and explains a wide range of working methods to help develop more demanding personal approaches to the making of abstract painting.
He emphasizes the relationship of colour to the surface and the importance of seeking a profound connection with your art.
Further topics cover:
- The difference between abstract and abstraction
- How an artist has developed expressive art in many different ways
- Maximize your studio effectiveness and manage your time better
- Discover how colour can be approached more effectively
- Learn about other possibilities for making abstract art - such as the role of technology
- Be more demanding of your painting and make better abstract paintings
Size: 28 x 22cm
Format: 144pp paperback
Looking to get started with Abstract painting? Our beginner kit has all the essentials you need!
Please note: books are not eligible for change of mind returns.
Others Also Bought
More From This Category